The Assembly Module is a sophisticated and user-friendly alternative to complex CAM software packages and inaccurate, time consuming manual inspection and programming methods that cost assembly houses productivity, time and money. Designed to enhance the StencilScan system, the Assembly Module is a fully integrated, off-line programming, inspection and measurement workstation.
StencilScan's Assembly Module produces assembly programs and process documentation for Pick and Place, Insertion, Test, Inspection and Dispensing machines.
Import / Scan
- CAD, Components, Boards, Film, Stencils, BOM and Gerber Data
- Component Pitch, Rotation and body dimensions
- X/Y Component Centroid
- Reference Designator & Package ID
- Part, Feeder/Magazine Number
- User Defined Data
- Gerber Data
- Process Documentation
- Multiple machine specific CAD files (IMC, SMT, TEST, AOI) and Stencil file generation during one programming session.
- Component Information for Vision Databases
BUILD COMPONENT LIBRARIES
Scan a component to automatically calculate and register the following information:
- Lead Pitch, Lead Size, Body Size
- Lead Groups, Pick Up Location, etc.
- Specific Vision Data outputs for Fuji SMD3 and Siemens SIPLACE
- Generic Vision ASCII files for other suppliers.
FIRST ARTICLE INSPECTION
The Assembly Module increases productivity with the ability to scan the first article and compare it to the CAD data.
OFF-LINE INSPECTION & MEASUREMENT
StencilScan's Assembly Module uses a combination of editing functions to ensure that all information has been inserted correctly. This off-line verification significantly reduces first article setup time. Overlay CAD and/or Gerber data and compare:
- Loaded Boards
- Bare Boards
- Wet Glue / Solder Paste/ Epoxy
Why Use StencilScan's Assembly Module?
- Flexible: Use one workstation to produce assembly files for multi-vendor Surface Mount, Insertion, Test, Inspection and Dispensing machines.
- Powerful: Use one workstation to inspect stencils, screens and bare or loaded boards.
- Accurate: Find and eliminate errors with Loaded PCBs, Wet Solder Paste, Glue, etc.
- Fast: Decrease programming time from days to hours.
- Easy: PC based system.
ASSEMBLY MODULE FEATURES
PC Boards - Bare or Loaded
Stencils / Screens
- Surface Mount Pad Recognition
- Insertion Hole Recognition
- Automatic Text Function
- Auto Load Gerber
- Autofind Function Locates Components and Related Centroids
- Global / Circuit / Local Fiducials
- Automatic Generation of Adhesive Dot Centroids
- Component Database
- Editor Accuracy: 0.0001" (0.00254mm)
CHECK / VERIFICATION
- "Jump-To" Component
- "Jump-To" Reference Designator
- Programming Environment Editor
- Assembly File Editor
- Gerber Editor
Scan and Compare Multiple Board Revisions
BOARD PROGRAMMING OUTPUTS THE ASSEMBLY MODULE SUPPORTS:
THE ASSEMBLY MODULE CIM SUPPORTS:
-- All machines (plotters & AOI)
CAM/350 & ECAM-ACT
-- GC-Place & GC-CAM
Laser Stencil Cutting
Unicraft - Japan